FSG 51 hand tools
The Defense Logistics Agency developed and adopted the Federal Supply Classification System. National Stock Numbers are 13-digit numeric codes assigned to all items that are procured, stocked, and distributed by the federal supply chain.
The first four digits of the NSN are known as the Federal Supply Classification Group. This code is further broken down into the Federal Supply Group (FSG) and the Federal Supply Classification (FSC). The FSG is made up of the first two digits of the NSN and the FSC is the second 2-digits of the NSN.
The remaining 9-digits of the NSN are known as the National Item Identification Number. The first two digits of this number are known as the country identifier.
Federal Supply Group 51 includes items such as chisels, files, pipe cutters, rasps, saws, screw plates, axes, hatchets, machetes, blades, brace, broach, chisel, and etc. Federal Supply Group 51 subdivided into the following classes:
- FSC 5110 – Hand tools, edged nonpowered
- FSC 5120 – Hand tools, nonedged, nonpowered
- FSC 5130 – Hand tools, power driven
- FSC 5133 – Drill Bits, Counterbores, and Countersinks: Hand and Machine
- FSC 5136 – Taps, Dies and Collets; Hand and Machine
- FSC 5140 – Tool and Hardware Boxes
- FSC 5180 – Sets, Kits and Outfits of Hand Tools