FSG 60 fiber optics materials components assemblies and accessories
The Defense Logistics Agency developed and adopted the Federal Supply Classification System. National Stock Numbers are 13-digit numeric codes assigned to all items that are procured, stocked, and distributed by the federal supply chain.
The first four digits of the NSN are known as the Federal Supply Classification Group. This code is further broken down into the Federal Supply Group (FSG) and the Federal Supply Classification (FSC). The FSG is made up of the first two digits of the NSN and the FSC is the second 2-digits of the NSN.
The remaining 9-digits of the NSN are known as the National Item Identification Number. The first two digits of this number are known as the country identifier.
The Federal Supply Group 60 includes products such as fiber optics materials, components, assemblies, rotary joints, couplers, splatters, mixers, attenuators, filters, optical multiplexers, fiber optic conductors, fiber optic cables and etc. Federal Supply Group 60 includes the FSCs:
- FSC 6010 – Fiber Optic Conductors
- FSC 6015 – Fiber Optic Cables
- FSC 6020 – Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies and Harnesses
- FSC 6021 – Fiber Optic Switches
- FSC 6025 – Fiber Optic Transmitters
- FSC 6026 – Fiber Optic Repeaters
- FSC 6030 – Fiber Optic Devices
- FSC 6031 – Integrated Optical Circuits
- FSC 6032 – Fiber Optic Light Sources and Photo Detectors
- FSC 6033 – Fiber Optic Photo Detectors
- FSC 6034 – Fiber Optic Modulators/Demodulators
- FSC 6035 – Fiber Optic Light Transfer and Image Transfer Devices
- FSC 6040 – Fiber Optic Sensors
- FSC 6050 – Fiber Optic Passive Devices
- FSC 6060 – Fiber Optic Interconnectors
- FSC 6070 – Fiber Optic Accessories and Supplies
- FSC 6080 – Fiber Optic Kits and Sets
- FSC 6099 – Miscellaneous Fiber Optic Components