FSG 53 Hardware And Abrasives
The Defense Logistics Agency developed and adopted the Federal Supply Classification System. National Stock Numbers are 13-digit numeric codes assigned to all items that are procured, stocked, and distributed by the federal supply chain.
The first four digits of the NSN are known as the Federal Supply Classification Group. This code is further broken down into the Federal Supply Group (FSG) and the Federal Supply Classification (FSC). The FSG is made up of the first two digits of the NSN and the FSC is the second 2-digits of the NSN.
The remaining 9-digits of the NSN are known as the National Item Identification Number. The first two digits of this number are known as the country identifier.
Federal Supply Group 53 consists of hardware and abrasives items. Federal Supply Code 53 is subdivided into the following:
- FSC 5305 – Screws
- FSC 5306 – Bolts
- FSC 5307 – Studs
- FSC 5310 – Nuts and Washers
- FSC 5315 – Nails, Machine Keys, and Pins
- FSC 5320 – Rivets
- FSC 5325 – Fastening Devices
- FSC 5330 – Packing and Gasket Materials
- FSC 5331 – O-Rings
- FSC 5335 – Metal Screening
- FSC 5340 – Hardware, Commercial
- FSC 5341 – Brackets
- FSC 5342 – Hardware, Weapon Systems
- FSC 5345 – Disks and Stones, Abrasive
- FSC 5350 – Abrasive Materials
- FSC 5355 – Knobs and Pointers
- FSC 5360 – Coil, Flat, Leaf, and Wire Springs
- FSC 5365 – Bushings, Rings, Shims, and Spacers